Victoria Falls in Africa Zimbabwe is One of the 7 Wonders of the Natural World – Do you know what the others are?
I confess, I had to look them up too! I forgot about the Paricutín Volcano.
Here’s the full list with links to further information on Wikipedia.
This website covers travel to the last one on the list – Victoria Falls Zimbabwe.
The complete list of the 7 Natural Wonders World Wide:
- The Aurora – also known as the Polar Lights or the Northern Lights and Southern Lights a natural phenomenon. Mostly seen in the Arctic and Antarctic regions.
- The Grand Canyon – a natural canyon that was carved by the Colorado River in Arizona USA.
- The Great Barrier Reef – stretching over 2,300 km, it is the world’s largest natural coral reef system. This Reef is found off the coast of Queensland in Australia.
- The Harbor of Rio de Janeiro – part of this city has been designated as a World Heritage Site. Found in Brazil.
- Mount Everest – the highest mountain on Earth. Found in the Mahalangur Himal sub-range of the Himalayas.
- Paricutín – a cinder cone volcano found in the Mexican state of Michoacán.
- Victoria Falls or “The Smoke that Thunders” (Mosi-oa-Tunya) is the widest waterfall in the world. Found in Southern Africa between Zimbabwe and Zambia.
Have you been to any of these amazing places?
Let us know in the comments. Would you recommend it?