Creating Unique Wedding Cakes in Victoria Falls
If you are planning a wedding in 2018 – have you considered a luxury destination wedding? What about Victoria Falls in Africa? How romantic would that be?
Getting married in one of the Seven Wonders of the World – deserves only the best.
Let us help you to fulfil the dream. The perfect destination, with a beautifully unique and delicious wedding cake that compliments you as a couple!
When attending weddings, I find myself itching to see the CAKE! Never mind the bride, lol!
It can take awhile before you get to that part… Skip to the customary cake-cutting ceremony, and the wedding cake becomes the centre of attention and talking point for a few brief glorious moments – before it gets cut up and eaten!
Make it memorable – be unique! Be you!
With more and more bespoke creations being made, brides are able to do just that and have something designed that is meaningful to them. It is by far my most favourite to make!
You know having a part in a wedding (by making the cake) is a very special feeling only a cake-decorator would know about.
You just so want it perfect in every way!
It becomes a labour of love!
And when you love something, you aren’t going to be cutting any corners right!
Just know that I will use the best ingredients I can get my hands on and will ensure you have that unforgettable dream cake at your wedding!
So… Whether it’s for 2 or 200, we have you covered!
Our goal is to make your day memorable
What’s my best part of the whole process?
The face of the bride when she gets the first glimpse of her creation!
One delighted bride did a double-take and asked, “That’s my cake?”
It’s why we keep making them! 🙂
What Cake To Get For Your Big Day?
A course coming soon that will walk you through all you need to know before ordering your wedding cake!
– Cake For The Bride –
Interested in knowing when it will be available?
Enter your details in the contact box below. Specify it will be for the course.
The wedding cake plays a large role in all Traditional Weddings in Zimbabwe.
Usually there is a lot of cake!
- There are two reasons for this. The weddings tend to be BIG. The guest list can mean very little – often extended family and friends – pitch up on the day. The more the merrier…Also, a lovely tradition that many do, is to gift a cake to each of the couples parents. It’s a way to show honour and express thanks and gratitude. I was once a maid of honour at a wedding. As part of the bridal party we crouched low and carried the cake to the groom’s parents. The grooms’ party gave another cake to the brides’ parents. Recently, we attended a wedding of some dear friends and each party ‘danced’ their way way to the parents carrying the cake in one hand! I held my breath through most of the song with my eyes glued to the cake – my mind started racing, wondering what would happen if it got dropped… However, all turned out well and everyone was delighted with their cakes.
- Another common tradition that couples world wide practice is to keep the first tier of the wedding cake and eat it on the 1st Anniversary or when the first child is born. This is a big concern for to-be-brides.
Some things to think about.
- Who will be “looking after” this cake tier? If you are keeping it, it requires care. Some freeze it. But, with power shortages in the country – this may not work so well.
- If it is a fruit cake, you would need to feed the cake regularly with brandy. It keeps the cake moist and preserves it. Do you know how to do this? Be sure to ask if you require more information.
- Another option, is to save the top tier and eat it with special friends or family that couldn’t make the wedding. Have it packed up and take it with you on honeymoon! So many wedding guides stress the importance of actually eating more of the cake; than what you fed each other when you cut it. Or celebrate your 3 month anniversary or something like that, by eating this top tier.
- What about your first anniversary? Hopefully your top tier makes it. If not, order a new cake! I would be happy to recreate your top tier and will give you a discount.
In Zimbabwe, it’s traditional to have fruitcake at the reception. And this has been the most popular so far.
Modern brides are leaning toward flavour sponges, carrot, red velvet and other more well-known flavours.
Some of the flavours I have made recently –
- Fruit Cake
- Chocolate Mousse
- Red Velvet
- Carrot Cake
I’m not stressed with this, it’s your special day if you want each cake tier a different flavour, that’s fine by me.
Just a note about fruit cakes. I include nuts, cherries and soak the fruit in brandy. If you wish to omit any of the above, please ensure you mention this from the start.
We make Anniversary Wedding Cakes too! In fact anything wedding related!
Please remember, the more time in advance the better. A week or few days notice, will not be enough time for me to make your request and you will be disappointed…
Please supply us with your details below for both Wedding and Anniversary Cakes. Or if you would like to be notified about the course.
We will contact you within 1-2 working days. Please ensure that you read the terms and conditions. To secure your booking, please consider contacting us about three months in advance. We look forward to working with you.
Note: We do not make birthday cakes.
Have you got a particular cake knife that you would like to use? I can decorate it with ribbon and fresh flowers. It gives a nice touch to the occasion and setting.
Don’t have a cake knife? I found this beautiful one that you can personalise. I am big into being unique and making your wedding day special. What I loved about the idea of getting a cake knife set, was that long after the cake is eaten – you will have them to remember your day by and treasure them, even passing them on to your children for their wedding. Start a tradition!
Gifts For Your Bridal Team
Cake gifts are possible to organise. When I got married, I made each of my bridemaids and our parents a mini cake. They were so delighted with the personal touch and when the wedding comes into the subject – those cakes get mentioned!
If you are wanting to get other gifts – I found a site with such lovely ideas for personalised gifts for the wedding party – you should check them out! . Perhaps you could get some or get inspiration for gifting to your bridal team to say a big thanks!