Terms of Service
When ordering a wedding cake consider booking 3 months in advance. A deposit of half the cake costs are due immediately, followed by the remainder, two weeks before the wedding day. After the first successful prepayment, we get to work preparing all that’s involved in making your cake. In no case is the deposit refundable.
A cancellation of your cake order more than 1 month before your wedding, will attract a bill of the work done to date in addition to the deposit. If you cancel less than one month before your wedding, the full amount is owed.
Once a quotation and design details have been finalised through email, Payoneer will send an email requesting payment on our behalf. Two emails will be sent – one for the deposit (half the amount due) and another for the remainder. As soon as the deposit is received your wedding cake booking is secured. The final payment can be paid at any time, as long as it is completed two weeks in advance of your wedding date.
As these become available to use, we will update this section.
Delivery or Pick Up
We offer free delivery to any venue in the immediate area of the Victoria Falls Town. Extra mileage will be included in your quotation. We recommend that you assign someone you know well to be at the venue to ensure the hand over goes smoothly. Should you prefer to pick up and set up the cake yourself, this is possible. Use a car with an air conditioner or have sufficient coolers to keep the cakes cool. We are not responsible for cakes collected as we will be unable to control the environment that they will be subjected too. No refunds will be possible in this case, should the cakes spoil.
Keeping the cakes cool
Victoria Falls is a very hot place. Please note that all cakes covered in ganache need extra care and will require chilling until needed for display. A cool area is essential. The cake should be consumed within a 48hr period and leftovers should be refrigerated. Fruit cakes covered with fondant, should be kept in a cool area and do not necessarily need to be refrigerated.
Cakes ordered for other occasions
The same principles apply as above. Should the cake be ordered to be enjoyed during an activity – e.g. a boat cruise, the staff should be notified or even book the cake for you so that optimal care can be taken of the cake after delivery.
Consider ordering your own message toppers, that you could then add on should this be needed.
Should the cakes once delivered or collected, suffer any damage, deterioration, or are affected by accidents, including liability against third parties, this cost will be transferred to you. We assume no liability for late delivery, should the address or directions, given be incorrect, the recipient is not there or that there is a change in venue. In the case of unexpected events (in particular traffic accidents, bad weather, power failure and similar), the delivery time of the cakes is extended by the duration of the hindrance.
Our products can contain gluten, milk products, eggs, nuts as well as soy products. We reject any liability related to allergic reactions. If requested, some allergy free options can be made available.
Your personal data, such as name, address, email, telephone number, will be used exclusively for processing your order and for communicating with you about your order, and will not be passed on to third parties. If you have chosen to join our newsletter, please know that you can unsubscribe at any time.
Taking a Course
- By completing the form, you are obligating yourself to the course chosen and should make payment as soon as possible.
- You can pay, cash directly to me, through Ecocash or via a bank transfer.
- Once payment is made, your place in that course is confirmed.
- The number of seats is limited. Registrations will be made upon receipt of the deposit.
- If you have booked a course that is already fully booked, you can be placed on the waiting list. If a place becomes vacant, you will be informed.
- In case of cancellation more than 5 days before the beginning of the course, the course fee (minus $10 processing fee) will be refunded.
- In the case of withdrawal less than 5 days before the beginning of the course, the full course amount is due. You can always transfer the registration to another person or join the waiting list.
- Any cancellation must be made in writing, so we can look for a replacement.
- The course fees will not be refunded in any case. Only exceptions: If you substitute someone else in your place, join the waiting list, or if the course is cancelled or postponed by Tracy from Cake at Vic Falls.
- Participants are responsible for themselves and their equipment, there are no refunds for lost or broken items.
When they are added we will update this section.
The contract is governed exclusively by Zimbabwe law. The court of jurisdiction is Victoria Falls.